<<+--Love~Life & Ramblings--+>>

Come on...life can't be that perfect. You expect it to be all flower, butterflies and rainbows? Reality check...it's definately NOT

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

It's amazing how some things becomes clear to you suddenly and how life takes a drastic and sharp turn to make you wake up and see things differently.

Comparing who I was in the past and who I am right now, I guess there is a vast difference in the way I do things and think. Maybe its a part of growing up but when I look back, let's say I'm not very proud of what I've done in the past. But let's just leave the past in the past as the only way to move is forward.

We've always been protected by our parents. Sure they try to get us prepared for the harsh reality of life but facing it first hand is a different experience all together. All the preparation in the world will never be enough when we are left cold and tattered in the reality of life.Oh well...they did try to warn us....

I guess, I'm at the stage where I start to see things differently. Remember when we were in high school? The purpose of having a boyfriend is because everyone else had one. Not to forget that he has to have at least good looks or some kind of a jock to begin with. Man....superficiality.

Yeah...I'll admit I was superficial. *shudder*...but you grow with experience and you learn from it too. So here I am today, having gone through the turbulance of relationships, friendships and life. What have I learned? Well...quite a number of things.

The most important thing of all is....love. Yes...learning to love. I'm not just talking about giving love to a guy. More to the point of loving the people around you. Friends and family. Honestly, they are the people who should deserve all your love and attention. In the end, its who had stuck around when you're down and battered that really matters.

Friends you don't need many only a bunch of quality ones. You'll know who are your true friends sooner or later. I'm glad I found my true great friends that have stuck by me and supported me through everything. They were the ones who believed in me when I lost hope, gave me strength when I fell and never gave up on me when I gave up on myself. I'm thankful to have met people like these.

Some ask me why I don't hate some people I'm supposed to hate or why am I not angry at all? Hey...I'm only human...I do get annoyed and angry but hate...that's a different issue all together. Hating someone is tiring. Getting angry is exhausting too. Why should I waste all my energy and time to be angry at someone who's not worth anything at all? If I forgive and treat them with respect...they'll probably not appreciate it but it'll make me feel better and that is all that matters. Me, myself and I.

Forgiving someone is just adding another room in your heart and I'm sure my heart has plenty more spaces left for forgiveness rather than hate.

Life is too short to be consumed by hate and anger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home