<<+--Love~Life & Ramblings--+>>

Come on...life can't be that perfect. You expect it to be all flower, butterflies and rainbows? Reality check...it's definately NOT

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

The Real Side of Love.

By now, I'm guessing most of you know that I'm basically a skeptic when it comes to love. But don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't believe in Love...it's more or less...I question its credibility. Of course I know that love do happen to certain individuals. Honestly though...I highly doubt it'll ever happen to a skeptic like me. Maybe it'll take alot to actually prove that it somehow last forever.

Okay...I work in a place where we get TONS of free magazines. So when I've nothing to do, I flip through them and guess what? In at least 90% of those magazines I flip through (women's magazine mind you...) everything is about L.O.V.E!!! For example, "How do you know if he's the one?" or "Is he really into you?" and how about "10 ways to make him happy". COME ON!!! Give me a break here!!! Are we woman really the weaker sex? Why do we have to bite our nails and have guidelines to get a guy to like us? Or to satisfy one?

Flip through any guy's magazines and what does it say? "How to maintain your car" or "How to get your girlfriends off your back and have a guy's night out" and the one that amuses me the most is "How to have a holiday fling and not letting your girlfriend find out."

Honestly, I didn't know wheter I should laugh or just feel insulted by the publishers and editors. We woman seem to be primping ourselves to look younger, more slimmer, beautiful and to say the right things just so we can attract men?!?! And men seem to be taught to lie, cheat and also push us away without hurting our feelings? GOSH....now I wonder why the word 'sexist' exists!

But of course, now I know why some guys are PIGS! Imagine the magazines they read to get information about us girls. No wonder they tend to think that the way to a girl's heart is to drive a flashy car, have a wallet full of money, being dressed with branded clothes and have a mouthfull of flattery! Wake up guys....this is not what girl wants!!! DEFINATELY NOT!!! Unless it's 'those' kind of girls you're looking for.

So you see, can you blame me for being skeptical? I mean, I know there are the handfull of really honest and great men out there. I would like to emphasize on the word 'HANDFULL'. Tell me, what are the chances of a woman fighting about half the other female population from that handfull of great men? Slim to none.

I know...one day I might be eating my words and it'll be hard to swollow. But until then, I really don't see the point of actually falling in love. Like a good friend told me. Study shows that we actually only fall in love for 90 days. After that, it's all about companion sake. If there's a scientific proof...then who are we to question it right?

Nobody is perfect. I'm so sure of that. I guess there's one thing good about love. It blinds you to all imperfections of the other. Denial is sometimes great fun...but waking up from it is not.

I hate to be a wet blanket. But let me just remind you. The butterflies in your tummy, the sweaty palms, the thumping heart and the weak knees....it only last 90 DAYS!!! So what's the point of loving someone when you're only going to feel that way for less than 4 months? Now I know why guys tend to flirt around. Keep the feeling fresh! If your 90 days is up...move on to the next one right? (I know I sound brutal...but it's a fact).

Sigh...I wished I could sometimes just tell the guys I talk to that girl's do not want a hopeless romantic, or a softie. It's just a better way of not calling them a 'wuss'. Yes, we woman want someone who's sweet and nice and caring and loving...but too much of it...it'll just wear us out. In reality, we want someone strong, someone who can give us security, someone who's a man, someone who can make a decision, someone who takes charge, someone who we can look up to and respect!

That is what the magazine's for men should be writing. Something to teach them how to be more humane and less of an ass.

3 Comments:

Blogger zaza said...

love is unpredictable...
--- can be sweet
--- can be bitter
--- can be a great lover
--- can also be a fighter
--- can be a good companion
we never know

but most of all..
love ends out to be a frustration...

-- being in love?
-- avoiding it?
which is a good choice..?
no one knows and never will...

that's why love still exist,
despite the frustration all we people see...



Amy, ur post always make me think of the outside reality that I never see up till now but I think I will after this protective shell surrounding me is broken... I'm not a girl not yet a woman... I'm in the middle.. ( sounds like britney's song, I know). thanks.... before I step into the adult world, I can be prepared... of all the liar and the bitter reality... I hope I'll survive.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Rinrin said...

I wouldn't worry about trying to find love. It'll hit you when you least expect it. Just don't be like me and keep trying to hide from it!

I think Mixx got the right idea. You should write for a magazine and give a woman's perspective. That might wake up some of those guys out there!

2:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that if I ever fell in love, it'd be someone I'd be comfortable with, someone I could always depend on and who would be loyal and faithful. hehe...maybe you should write your own article about the reality of love!! You've got all the right elements in your post! I hate guys who have to show off everything because they think it attracts girls...

~Liss

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home