<<+--Love~Life & Ramblings--+>>

Come on...life can't be that perfect. You expect it to be all flower, butterflies and rainbows? Reality check...it's definately NOT

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Day 17 with Bailey


Bailey has been with us for the past 17 days. Not long, but he's already very much part of the family and have wiggled his little furry self into our hearts.

We're trying hard to train him to poo and pee at a certain spot. So far not very successful. *sigh* Looks like we've to work harder on that.

We bought him the puppy pads and took away the newspapers. But looks like we've to bring it back to basics and start putting newspapers in his playpen and then slowly remove them. *double sigh*

So today, hubby has placed the newspapers back and hopefully Bailey will recognize it.

We've been leaving him alone since Monday because both of us has to go back to work. 2 days in the row, Bailey has gone crazy the min I came home.

The first day, I realized although he peed and pooped in the puppy training pads, he missed a few times. The worst bit is when he saw me, he started getting all excited and jumping up and down in his poop!!!

Instinct told me to pick him up and wash him up quickly!

But on Tuesday, Hubby called and said to ignore him and only pick him up and let him out once he's quiet. I did just that. Pretended he wasn't around and went about showering and stuff.

What worries me is that we're living in a condo and people will start complaining if Bailey gets too loud. So I took a rolled up piece of newspaper and hit the floor a couple of times at the same time saying 'NO' loudly to stop him from barking and crying loudly.

It worked! Then I took him out and cleaned him and his play pen. But unfortunately, he still missed the area we wanted him to do his business.

We'll see how it goes today. I'm praying hard that our boy will understand where to poop and pee soon. I don't want to lock him inside his play pen the entire day we're out. I don't want a crazy dog...:(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home