<<+--Love~Life & Ramblings--+>>

Come on...life can't be that perfect. You expect it to be all flower, butterflies and rainbows? Reality check...it's definately NOT

Monday, April 13, 2009

Bangkok...sigh...

I've been looking forward to my Bangkok trip which I've booked 6 months back! I dream about eating all the delicious food and drink the authentic Tom Yam. I want to shop at Chatuchak and Platinum mall. Go broke but come home happy...

I've been counting down the days with anticipation. Only 10 more freaking days!!! 10...till I firmly plant my ass in the land of a smiles.

But no....now I'm not too sure if I'll ever get to board the plane! Reading the newspapers made my heart shatter into a million pieces.

I'm not a big fan of politics. In fact, I stay as far away as possible if I can. I just want peace and harmony.

The so-called protest happening in Bangkok is making me worried. Will it turn into a full blown riot? Malaysian Embassy in Thailand is advising those who are going to Bangkok to postpone their trip. Is it really not safe?

Deep down I want to believe that it's 100% safe and I can go there without any worry. I want to walk the streets of Bangkok and not worry about a protest going on nearby or even if I'm going to somehow be stranded there or worst...get hurt.

I've been trying to ask people who just came back from the Songkran festival trip if its safe. I'm trying to get hold of my Thai friends to see if its safe to go and all those things I'm reading is just the media blowing it out of proportion.

I really missed the safe and peaceful Bangkok. I pray and hope that in within the next few days, the situation will be better and safer for tourists.

Me and Hubby...really miss you BKK...be safe...sob sob...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home