<<+--Love~Life & Ramblings--+>>

Come on...life can't be that perfect. You expect it to be all flower, butterflies and rainbows? Reality check...it's definately NOT

Tuesday, May 05, 2009



Long Overdue Post: Bangkok 2009

Have I told you how much I love Bangkok? I LOVE BANGKOK!!! The people...the food...THE SHOPPING!!!

Day 1:-
We arrived in the kingdom at approximately 10am local time. We checked into the hotel and immediately went out.

First destination. Platinum Mall.

Hubby was hungry and wanted to have some roadside food. But the weather was scorching hot!!! So we decided to eat at the Mall's foodcourt instead.

We walked to the BTS station and took the train to Chidlom. The guy told us that it was a 10 min walk to the Mall and we thought...hmm...sounds near. But the weather was too hot and I was getting grumpy. We decided to take the cab.

Hubby made us walk about 5 mins before actually hailing a cab. It cost us about 350 baht. The silliest thing was, because it was so jam, the cab driver suggested for us to walk! We got down and walked for a good 5 Mins under the hot sun!!!

By the time we reached Platinum, I could only thank God for the invention of aircond.

We headed up to the foodcourt and filled our tummies. Yummy food I must say. Tempted to try all the dessert but I couldn't fit in much more.

Then it was SHOPPING TIME!!!

Hubby bought 7 t-shirts during that visit. It was so cheap it was unbelivable. The quality was decent but the price was just....crazy cheap. 140 baht for one? Where to get in KL!

Me on the other hand, went crazy with the dresses. I bought 3 dresses and a top. We then decided to head to MBK.

We took a cab coz I was adamant that I wasn't going to WALK to the BTS station! Drag and carry me if needed. I'm not moving!

We reached MBK and decided to rest our feet. So we headed straight to Swensens. Yummy heavenly ICE CREAM! Cheap ice cream...half the price of what we get here in KL!

We carried on walking...and got some t-shirts for my colleagues as souveniors. Bought myself a pair of sunglasses coz I left my behind. I knew I needed one for our trip to Chatuchak the next day.

After MBK, we went back to the hotel to rest. After an hour, we headed to a nearby beef noodle stall and ate.

Went for a short walk and went back and crashed at about 11pm BKK time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home